Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Jane Austen, I heart you

I am coming out of blog sloth-dom to gush a little about a film I just watched: Becoming Jane.

Ok, it was not the most well-crafted storytelling ever, but the film is just so beautiful to watch, it literally (yes, literally) took my breath away on a regular basis. I cried pretty much throughout the last 1/2 hour (and you know how I hate to cry at movies) and do I care that it is a movie based completely on Hollywood conjecture regarding a single known incident in Jane Austen's life? No I do not.
Look how pretty:

So according to the movie, this woman's abject heartache brought us six of the greatest novels of the English language. And good lord, I am sorry if this is true, but I do love those Austen novels. As do most women that I know. And most of the men.
Long story short, do put this in your Netflix queue. Best watched in pajamas late at night.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:59 PM

    i feel that anne's eyes were transplanted from a much larger animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I'm netflixin'. Also it has that guy! That hot guy! What is his name!!!!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also netflixed it now.

    Schweet. :)

    ReplyDelete