Monday, July 28, 2008

My nemesis, my love

Today I am going to share with you my favorite food sites. Yes, food sites. There are blogs out there for virtually everything, dontcha know? And these are special in that the recipes are outstanding, the photos gorgeous and the writing witty and clear and evocative.

1. Pioneer Woman Cooks.
Recipes by PW regularly make me laugh out loud. then drool. And I have to less-than-adore anything I have made from this site. Like the cinnamon rolls. Or the pasta primavera. or the lasagna.




2. The Smitten Kitchen.
This one is fairly new to me, but I am quickly becoming a big fan. Yesterday I made the blueberry pancakes. And today I am craving the huevos rancheros, but I think they are going to have to wait.



3. Ok, while not officially a food blog Posie Gets Cozy often features delicious looking recipes. Plus her site is just pretty. And I want to grow up and marry a man-nurse and be her. There, I said it.



And ps. while you are waiting for your oven to preheat, treat yourself and read some of the food essays in Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant. Tales of cooking and eating solitary-like. Trust me, it is a great read.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tara!

    I love reading the Pioneer Woman's blog! A friend I work with introduced it to me. I want to be a Cowboy when I grow up! Glad to see you are well! Take care!

    -Earl Edmunds

    ReplyDelete