Thursday, November 06, 2008

Notes from the Road


Well I am wrapping up my time here in Salt Lake City. It has been a very nice trip.... only a week, which is very unusual for my line of work, but not the least unpleasant! The show is looking good, I think... it is always a little nerve-wracking when you are creating something new (this show is a pastiche of pieces from operetta, not a pre-existing entity), but at the end of the day, I think we have come up with a fun little evening at the theatre! Some random thoughts:

1. I love the internet. Really, I cannot imagine life without it, especially given my ridiculous traveling lifestyle and the friends and family I have scattered all over the place.

2. Crazy but true story: Last night I had dinner with two gal pals at a nice restaurant here in town. We had wine, delicious meal, etc. The waitress brought our bill over but we continued to chat a bit before looking at it. A little while later the waitress came back to our table and said,
She: "Hi. Someone has taken care of your tab, so I will just get this out of your way."
Us: "Are you kidding?"
She: (nervously giggling) "No, but they prefer to remain anonymous."
Is that the craziest thing you have ever heard??? So then we are grinning like fools and completely flummoxed.... who would do such a thing? And anonymously?? Delightful mystery.

3. If you are ever feeling down, or just want to laugh yourself silly, take your browser over to Youtube and do a search for "bloopers". Hours of pleasure await you, my friends. I am particularly partial to the "women falling down" genre. Also, "cat bloopers". Or alternately, just check out all the youtube clips I have posted here (not all bloopers, but mostly all funny)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment