Saturday, January 24, 2009

I heart Houston

Houston is the most wonderful city. It is January, and while most of my friends are up their ears in snow around the country, the temps here have hovered in the 60s almost all week...sunny, gorgeous. I have seen a tons of friends, mostly on charming outdoor patios. And it has been non-stop culture. Here is a list of cultural activities of which I have partaken in the seven days of my visit here:

4 Operas
  • Britten's Mid-summer Night's Dream at Houston Grand Opera
  • Tech rehearsal of HGO's Chorus! .....a pastiche extravaganza of opera chorus scenes.
  • Met movie broadcast of Gluck's Orpheo ed Euridice
  • DVD of Verdi's - Rigoletto... the one with Pav and Gruberova.

2 Movies

1 Play

1 Talk

...and tonight I am going contra-dancing. Can this place be beat?

No comments:

Post a Comment