Sunday, February 01, 2009

Write a Novel

It is the first day of rehearsal for Hansel & Gretel, and here I am, writing a blog post.

I remember once hearing that it only takes 30 minutes of study per day for you to become an expert at something. I completely buy this.... evidence: I am an expert on "Friends" (yes, the TV show, don't judge). Why? Because I spent most of my college and young adult life watching one episode per day. I didn't even sit and give it my full focus, but just let it pervade my consciousness slowly, steadily, over time.

Sidebar: Must read Malcolm Gladwell's The Outliers, which I think will further confirm my crackpot theory.
See also: Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird, a book about writing and the creative process.

So basically, slow and steady wins the race. There is a reason old maxims like this stick around, no?

I have more to say about this, but for now I will leave you with a very very interesting post:
HOW TO WRITE A NOVEL IN 100 DAYS.

1 comment:

  1. how awesome! it's quite a challenge....i'm up for it if you are. :)

    ReplyDelete