Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sweet Life

Rather than packing or properly planning my trip home, I have spent the last couple of days frantically trying to finish reading the books I had borrowed from the Denver Public Library during my time here... books that are due TODAY!

One I found particularly charming: The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City
The title kind of says it all, I guess. Anyhoo, a series of essays of an American ex-pat chef in Paris, it is interspersed with lots of lovely recipes.

This, on the heels of The Saucier's Apprentice: One Long Strange Trip through the Great Cooking Schools of Europe
and Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise.
Hmm... what can I say? I really love good food writing. I really love good travel writing. Food + travel writing = good time for Tara.

No comments:

Post a Comment