Tuesday, November 24, 2009

T-day countdown


Only two more days to one of my very favorite holidays: Thanksgiving!!

I love love love it.... delicious food, great pals, a nip in the air (fingers crossed!). A day fully devoted to the idea of gratitude for all the blessings we have in our lives. And a parade. Hello? What's not to love about this day?

For many years now I have reserved Thanksgiving as the holiday I spend with the family I have made for myself. I've lived quite far away from my natural family since I graduated from college, and 2 big trips in the space of one month just doesn't make sense, so I've developed my own traditions. I've spent T-day on Ellis Island with a childhood pal, around a sad little chicken in my first apartment with a high-school friend, with the families of various loved ones... upstate NY, Texas Panhandle, Texas Hill Country. For the last couple of years, I've spent the day with the family of a dear dear friend here in Houston, which has been wonderful. And last year I began a new tradition: Delivering home-made CINNAMON ROLLS!

Thank you Pioneer Woman for adding to the collective waist-line of those in my inner circle.
Anyway, I hope you are all looking forward to a very happy Thanksgiving as well, surrounded by people you love. xxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment