What is Up in my Life, or Why I have been a Horrible Blogger:
- Worked on Peter Grimes at HGO this season. What a doozy of a show. Tons of chorus work and it is not just standing around, singing pretty music. Happy to work on it, happy to see it come to a close.
- Trying to get things lined up for next season. Its looking pretty good! More to follow on this, pronto.
- Spending lots of time with the man in my life. Including a whirlwind vacation to lovely, wintery NYC. See pics above and below!
- Getting work done on my Money Pit, I mean house. As in foundation repair, reno of bathroom, new septic/sewage lines. Saving up now for a new roof.
- Singing (actually sobbing throughout) at my younger brother's wedding. Who knew I was such a sap? (I suppose the question should be who DOESN'T know?). Story to follow if I am feeling brave. In any case, the wedding was lovely, we love the bride, I think they are a great pair. Happy ending.
- Spending lots of time getting ready for my spring work. More info to follow.
- Packing madly for a trip to Baku, Azerbaijan. A perfectly normal place to spend the week before Christmas, I say. Houston Grand Opera is sending me there to work with a composer on a commission for a small show we are producing in the spring. More info to follow.