Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
I love eggs.
I love egg salad, deviled eggs, scrambled eggs.
I love boiled eggs.
They are harder to perfect than you might expect. However, the fine folks over at Nom Nom Paleo have a great recipe, with lovely photos HERE.
Here's the cheat sheet:
1. Start with the oldest eggs you have in your fridge. Fresh eggs are a disaster for peeling.
2. Lightly prick the bottom of each egg with a needle.
3. Throw those eggs (gently!) in a big pot with some cold water and a dash of baking soda.
4. Turn the heat up, leave the lid off, and wait for it to boil.
5. When it does boil, set your timer for one minute.
6. When the minute is up, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes. Use a timer!
7. After 10 mins, move your eggs from that pot to a bowl of ice + water. Let it sit for 5 mins.
8. After 5 mins, take the eggs of your ice bath, and peel them while they are still slightly warm.
Perfect eggs! Thanks Nom Nom Paleo!