Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Roller Derby Dreams

Have I mentioned lately how very much I love my new toy... the Mobile Broadband Card that allows me to get online anywhere I get cell phone reception? I hesitate to gush about it too much for fear I will somehow jinx the whole deal, but so far it has been wonderful... especially these last three days when I have been super sick and basically confined to my hotel room, only venturing out to microwave water for a measly cup of tea.

Anyway, in my random internet browsing, I discovered a new blog that I have enjoyed reading: Schnozzfest, and the author of this blog has recently gotten into Roller Derby. For about 15 minutes I thought this might be a fun hobby for me to get into... get a little exercise, meet some new people, etc. Then I saw this picture, from the Injury Ward on the Atlanta Rollergirls page, and I changed my mind right up:

Gives new meaning to the term "shiner," doesn't it? And there were broken bone pics too. I think I will stick to my treadmill for exercise, thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. OUCH!!

    In other news, you rock. Your package was perfect and I'm the happiest girl ever. Thank you!!!

    Yarn! Fudge! Coffee! Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Are you sure that injury came from the Atlanta Rollergirls site? I don't remember them ever having an injury ward page. I'd just like to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete