Friday, September 05, 2008

Sleeping Beauty


I have been notorious silent again. I guess this is just the nature of the beast, no? At least this time I have a good excuse... I've been in tech for Dominic Walsh Dance Theater's production of Sleeping Beauty, which I am stage managing. I don't stage manage a show very often... actually, in recent years, I only do it for DWDT, and I do it just seldom enough to make it kind of scary when I do go back to it. scary in a good way... stepping out of the comfort zone.

I think it is good for me for a lot of reasons... but mainly because it reminds me of what the backstage folks are doing when I am directing a shows and am out front freaking out (in my mind only of course) because the effect I have perfected in the "little theatre of the mind" is not going perfectly the first time through.

This show, like all shows, has it's challenges, but it is a joy, as always, to work with these talented and beautiful dancers. If you are in the Houston area this weekend, come on out to the Miller and see it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment