Friday, August 14, 2009

word of the day.

Word of the Day:

Photobomb (verb)- to drop in a photo unexpectedly...to hop in a picture right before it is taken.
sarah: hey why is jimmy in the background of our prom picture?
ryan: idk, he must have photobombed it at the last second.
Cutest example ever:

See other adorable examples here: Cutest Photo-bombs on the Internet

****
In other news, I saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium recently. While it was not a very good movie, it had a lot of things going for it:
  1. Dustin Hoffman as a wacky kook with some amazing eyebrows.
  2. an adorable kid with huge brown eyes.
  3. A vivid, amazing set (in a toy shop) with a sock monkey as mini-featured role.
  4. Jason Bateman. With whom I am mildly in infatuated. This has a great deal to do with the fact that in looks and mannerisms he reminds me absolutely of my pal Chad Sloan, so watching a movie with him in it is a bit like spending time with a fun pal. Only a bit. :)
Also, the movie has at least 3 rather lovely quotes/passages (all delivered by Hoffman), which I will take the liberty of posting here:

Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.

When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words.

and my favorite:

We breathe. We pulse. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. 37 seconds, well used, is a lifetime.

how lovely is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment