Sunday, July 18, 2010

I got an email from a friend the other day, telling me how he enjoyed reading my "delights" posts and what a happy life I seemed to be living.  In the interest of full disclosure, I felt a little confession was in order:  My life is not actually a series of full time delights.  Shocking, I know.  Taking the time to write down things that ARE delightful is a good reminder to me of all that IS wonderful, especially when I am feeling down.  And generally, the more I write, the more I realize what there is to write about.  To quote Abraham Lincoln, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."     If I chose, there are plenty of things I could write about that are NOT delighting me, but would that really make me feel better?  Would it make you feel better to read it?  ha! 

(poster via Etsy)

So.... my Sunday delights:
  1. Frank conversations.
  2. Beautifully designed movies:  Despicable Me and A Single Man
  3. Steel cut oatmeal with summer berries. 
  4. Another scene up in Opera a la Carte.
  5. Seeing the rest of the summer schedule all on ONE page. 
  6. Notes from long lost friends.
  7. My scheme for managing finances. See details HERE.  Really, I cannot explain how happy this system makes me.  Especially if you are a freelancer with head-scratching finances, check it out.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that poster and I completely agree with ol' Abe!!

    ReplyDelete