Monday, February 07, 2011

Monday delights

Delighting me this Monday:

1.  lunch with a pal.

2.  the most gorgeous day.  Still a BIT nippy when working on Project Brick Walkway, but the sun is shining and it is amazing.  Love for Houston (esp in winter): still intact.

3. A new book: The Happiness Advantage.  I am actually listening to the audiobook, and I wonder if the print version might be better but the information is good.  To quote Abraham Lincoln, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be".... and now science is telling us this is verifiable. 

4.  Another (very different) good read:  The Fall by Guillermo del Toro.  This is the 2nd in a Triology and I have not read the first, but I was pretty wrapped up in the story from moment one.   Is it great literature? No... but it is great story. 

5. My sweet boyfriend.  Are yall getting sick of hearing that yet?   hehehe.

6.  A fairly productive day.  And still many more hours before bed!  For a basically lazy person, I sure do like getting things done!

7.  Canasta.  We've been playing cards with another couple and geez do I like it.  I may buy a mumu and move to Florida and drink fruity umbrella drinks all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment