Monday, May 21, 2007

Chicken delight

ok, I am kind of lazy about cooking, but when I do it, I don't mess around. I have decided to share with you my recipe for delicious chicken piccata. This is easy, fairly quick, and wildly tasty.
Don't make this for a date unless you are looking for a proposal.

TARA'S DELICIOUS CHICKEN PICCATA

Ingredients:
¾ stick butter
olive oil
some flour
1 cup white wine
1 can chicken broth
Juice of two or three lemons
2 full chicken breasts (or I prefer tenders)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (or more)
3 tbs capers
Optional: 1 can artichoke hearts
2 cups Angel hair pasta

Heat ¼ stick of butter in a pan, add a couple of tbs of olive oil.
Dredge chicken in flour. Shake off excess.
Brown in butter ….a couple of minutes each side.
Set chicken aside. Pour off butter and wipe out pan.
Return pan to burner.

Add:
½ stick butter
3 tbs olive oil
1 cup white wine
1 can chicken broth
Juice of two or three lemons
Browned chicken

Simmer on med-low heat.
After about 10 minutes, add 1 cup mushrooms and 3 tbs capers.
(another option: can of artichoke hearts)
Simmer, covered, on low heat for another 15 minutes or so.
Serve on top of angel hair pasta.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. My husband would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm sounds delicious. I emailed it to myself : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this two nights ago...very yum! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete