Friday, May 11, 2007

Haiku makes me happy in the morning

New obsession: Haiku.

Something about the constraints of this poetic form really calls to me. I also like that they are often funny. Like this one (which I did NOT write, but I don't know who did. I saw it on Wikipedia.):

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Here is one I did write today, inspired by a picture of a dog on my favorite blog, Posie Gets Cozy.
The door is open,
yet it's almost dinner-time.
This is a tough one.

2 comments:

  1. When I play Kingdom of Loathing, I like to hang out in the haiku chat channel. It's pretty funny because even the mods are forced to talk in proper haiku:

    careful there, chatter
    in here you must speak haiku!
    five, seven, then five

    ReplyDelete
  2. We MUST talk about SFU. LOVED the writing and acting! Here's a Haiku


    You cared for my dogs
    I'm sure that I heard them say,
    "I ruv you Tara"

    ReplyDelete