Monday, December 03, 2007

Must read

OH.MY.GOODNESS. I urge anyone who is my friend to drop everything and go read this book. I know I am the last person in America to "discover" it, but Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia is a delicious, hysterical, moving read. Basically I feel like she is writing my life, only in a much funnier way than I ever could. I am only about 1/3 of the way thru but I have laughed out loud about 8 times. And cried a bit. More on this to come...

2 comments:

  1. I agree totally! It is a wonderful book -- I first heard about it on NPR. Then I checked it out on CD from the library to listen to in my car while commuting to/from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:49 PM

    The next book you should read is The 16 Pleasures by Robert Hellenga...it's another "I'm a girl by myself in Italy" books. I agree...Eat Love Pray is awesome.

    ReplyDelete